Honey Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
If you're hunting for a treat that's vegetarian, spicy and packed with natural honey flavour, we have just the recipe for you.
The shape and texture of cauliflower make it a perfect medium for absorbing intense spices and glazes. As an added bonus, the roasting process will bring out textures and flavours that are down right magic.
The Ingredients You'll Need For The Buffalo Cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Nude Bee Goldenrod Honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Choose Tacos - or - Lettuce Wraps:
- 10 flour tortillas (try making your own with a tortilla press)
- 1 head butter leaf lettuce (the crisper the better)
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, ranch dressing or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425ºF / 218ºC
- Cut the head of cauliflower in half. Using your hands, pluck bite sized florets from each half. Trim bottoms of florets as necessary.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower with the garlic powder, salt, hot sauce, honey, and melted butter. Toss well to coat.
- Spread cauliflower on a baking in a single layer and roast for 40 minutes, mixing after 20.
- Assemble your tacos with your preferred toppings and shell, eat and enjoy!
About Our Author(s):
The dynamic duo of Patrick Tomasso & Francesca Saraco are the creative forces behind Toronto Creators and Toronto Eaters.
When they aren't gallivanting around the globe taking incredible photos, they can be found keeping it local and #eatingthesix!